- Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office
- My legacy, My pride, My Kathmandu
Boudha Nath Stupa
One of the oldest and the biggest Buddhist monuments ever built in Nepal, Boudhanath is an imposing structure standing some 36 meters. The Stupa stands on the massive three level mandala style Platforms surrounded by colourful private family houses.
The basic feature of this great stupa is very much like that of Swoyambhunath stupa except its finial displaying. It is much bigger than Swoyambhu stupa and lies on the valley floor whereas the former one stands on the hill top. This stupa is said to have been built in 5th century A. D. The site is considered very much like Mecca for the Tibetan Buddhists and every year tens of thousands of pilgrims from all over the Himalayan region visit the stupa.
According to a very popular legend long time ago the kingdom of Kathmandu was under terrifying draught. King Dharma Deva was very worried. An astrologer advised him that only the sacrifice of an ideal man with 32 virtues in front of the dry royal water spout could make the rain fall in the country. And in the following night he commanded his son to go to the dry water spout inside the royal palace compound at mid night and behead the person shrouded in white robe without looking at him. The Prince obeyed his father but to his great horror only to find it was none other than his own father.
In order to atone the big sin and in removal the prince said to have built this great stupa. As an entry point of ancient Nepal-Tibet trade rout, the site is popularly frequented by Tibetan visitors.
During Lhosar festival the pilgrims worship the Buddhist deities, light the increase and butter lamp day and night.
Every twelve year a special ceremony is observed with great gusto and fervor . During that time they dance, play musical instruments, chant and hymns.
- Invitation for Bids
- Bidding Document for Rennovation of Narayan Temple at Basantapur, Kathmandu
- बोलपत्र दरभाउपत्र सूचना
- दरभाउ बोलपत्र सूचना
- सूची दर्ता
- बोलपत्र सूचना
- आर्थिक वर्ष २०६९-७० को नीतिगत तथा कार्यक्र
- एकल महिला भत्ता नयां
- एकल महिला भत्ता
- जेष्ठ भत्ता
- Bishnumati River Improvement Programme
- GIS TRAINING REPORT
- House and Land Tax Rate - 2070/071
- Business Tax Revised - 2070/071
- Bahal Kar Biniyabali-2069
- Advertisement Niti
- Add Tax Rate - Nirdesika
- Annual Income 069/070
- Useful Links
- GoN, Department of Urban development and Building Construction
- KMC, Hanumandhoka Durbar Area Conservation Programme
- Nepal Electricity Authority
- National Planning Commission
- Central Bureau of Statistics of Nepal
- Annual Income & Expensese
- Salepa_4th Level Open
- Kharidar_4th Level Internal
- Khardar or Salepa 4th Level Internal
- Nasu Scheme-Entrance_5th Level Open
- Legal Officer_6th Level Open
- Revenue Officer_6th Level Open
- Planning Officer_6th Level Open
- Account Officer_6th Level Open
- Senior Admin & Acct Officer_7thLevel Internal