- Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office
- My legacy, My pride, My Kathmandu
Kathmandu Durbar Square
This particular area best known as Kathmandu Durbar Square lies in the heart of this city. Locally also called as Hanuman Dhoka Palace Square-an ancient seat of the Nepalese Royalty.
Hanuman Dhoka Palace Complex consists of a huge Royal Square imposing a tremendous variety of temples dedicated to different Hindu gods and goddess. Most of the buildings we see here date from 15th to 18th century.
The entire Palace Complex here is named after a monkey god called Hanuman. One can see a huge stone statue of Hanuman painted all red right next to the main entrance ( the golden gate) of the palace. Hanuman here is regarded as a powerful protector of the entire Durbar Square.
Some of the important monuments to be seen here are:
1. Taleju temple- tallest of all structures built by king Mahendra Malla in 1549 A.D.
2. Jagannath temple- built in the 16th century, known for fascinating erotic figures carving I the wooden struts eaves.
3. Kal Bhairav- one of the largest stone idol in Kathmandu representing the terrifying aspects of Shiva.
4. Statue of King Pratap Malla in praying gesture to Digu Taleju the royal family deity right across.
5. Kumari Ghar- 17th century Kumari temple, an example of the highly developed Nepalese temple craft.
6. Kasthamandap- built from the timber of a single tree.
7. The Kathmandu City derives its name from Kasthamandap.
Besides this other fascinating part of this palace complex is the towering Nautale Durbar overlooking the beautiful cityscape and the vast Basantapur square where Prithivi Narayan Shah built mansion to commemorate his victory in 1768 A.D. This building complex is known for the most intricately carved wooden doorways roof struts and massive lattice windows full of mythical figures.
- Birth notice form
- Marriage notice form
- Death notice form
- Divorce notice form
- Migration notice form
- Relationship detail form
- Tax detail form
- TOR for Design and Supervision Consultant
- Notice for Expression of Interest
- ब्यबसाय कर सम्बन्धि दरको विबरण
- ब्यबसाय करको लागि क्षेत्रहरुको वर्गीकरण
- Notice for Traffic Rule of Hanumandhoka Durwar Square
- Technical Cooperation between KMC, Makati City and EMI
- एकल महिला भत्ता नयां
- एकल महिला भत्ता
- जेष्ठ भत्ता
- Bishnumati River Improvement Programme
- GIS TRAINING REPORT
- Risk-Sensitive Land Use Plan Final Report - Jan 2010
- Service With a smile, fostering the good-governance
- Public Health & Social Welfare Department
- Ward Program 'Ka'
- Useful Links
- GoN, Department of Urban development and Building Construction
- KMC, Hanumandhoka Durbar Area Conservation Programme
- Nepal Electricity Authority
- National Planning Commission
- Central Bureau of Statistics of Nepal
- Salepa_4th Level Open
- Kharidar_4th Level Internal
- Khardar or Salepa 4th Level Internal
- Nasu Scheme-Entrance_5th Level Open
- Legal Officer_6th Level Open
- Revenue Officer_6th Level Open
- Planning Officer_6th Level Open
- Account Officer_6th Level Open
- Senior Admin & Acct Officer_7thLevel Internal
- Deputy Director_8th Level Internal