- Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office
- My legacy, My pride, My Kathmandu
Ward No. 10
Almost all houses in the ward have access to basic amenities like electricity, drinking water and telephone. The population of the ward in 2001 was 25,977. Hemmed in by Old Baneswar, New Baneswar and Sankhamul in the east, Dhobi Khola in the west, the road linking Old Baneswar and Maitidevi in the north, and Sankhamul in the south, the ward has an area of 156.8 hectares and contains 6,168 households.
There is no government hospital, but a profusion of nursing homes, health centers and polyclinics provide health care to the people. Primary, lower secondary, secondary and higher secondary schools provide education up to the 10+2 level. Among five-star hotels, which form the core of Nepal's key tourism industry, The Everest Hotel stands as a landmark in the ward. Mahadev Sthan Chhakku Bakku Mandir, Seto Ganesh and Pancha Kumari are some of the prominent heritage sites located here.
Click on large map to view it in high quality.
- Population and number of households
- Building structure
- Solid waste
- No.of houses with various basic services
- Areas without basic services
- Educational institutions
- Health institutions
- Institutional buildings
- Financial institutions
- Service and repair centers
- Training centers
- Heritage sites
- Buildings of historic and architectural importance
- Pilgrim shelters, rest houses, sacred sites, etc.
- Public grounds
- Open-air market
- NGOs, INGOs, CBOs, clubs, etc.
- The five biggest problems
- Important projects completed
- On-going projects
- Ward office building