- Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office
- My legacy, My pride, My Kathmandu
Ward No. 13
Bounded by the Bishnumati river in the east, Syuchatar VDC in the west, Ward No. 15 in the north and Ward No. 14 in the south, this ward comprises 213.3 hectares and its population in 2001 was 29,721. Almost the entire ward is made up of residential and commercial areas. Kathmandu's famed vegetable and fruit market is situated here. Among the large establishments in the ward are the Telecommunication Corporation, Royal Nepal Army, Salt Trading, TB Hospital, Red Cross and Tahachal Campus. Nepal's renowned National Museum is also located here. Large hotels in the ward include the Soaltee and the Grand. The Tankeswar temple is the ward's most important religious site. The Bishnumati link road, which is under construction, is expected to ease the terrible pollution of the river area.
Click on large map to view it in high quality.
- Population and number of households
- Building structure
- Solid waste
- Number of houses with various basic services
- Areas without basic services
- Educational institutions
- Health institutions
- Institutional buildings
- Financial institutions
- Service and repair centers
- Training centers
- Post office
- Heritage sites
- Buildings of historic and architectural importance
- Feasts/festivals celebrated
- Pilgrim shelters, rest houses, sacred sites, etc.
- Open-air market
- NGOs, INGOs, CBOs, clubs, etc.
- Social problems
- The five biggest problems
- Important projects completed
- On-going projects