- Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office
- My legacy, My pride, My Kathmandu
Ward No. 32
The Singha Durbar Secretariat, the nation's administrative center, is the crowning glory of this ward. And among the many sacred sites found here, the major ones are the temples of Kalikasthan and Krishna. Eminent establishments like Radio Nepal, Nepal Television and the Supreme Court are also located here. The Archaeology Department and national and international non-governmental organizations and clubs too make their home here.
Famed addresses in the ward are Ghattekulo, Anam Nagar, Putali Sadak, Shanti Nagar, Dilli Bazaar and Kalikasthan. Bijaya Memorial Secondary School, Milan Vidya Mandir Secondary School, Occidental School, Padma Kanya Secondary School, Kanya Campus are some of the ward's dozen plus educational institutions providing quality education. Putali Sadak, Dilli Bazaar Chowk and Maitidevi Chowk are well-known commercial centers.
The inhabitants belong to diverse ethnic backgrounds. The main festivals are Krishna Janmastami and Dasain. The ward's boundaries are formed by Ward No. 10 in the east, Ward No. 31 in the west, Ward No. 33 in the north and Ward No. 11 in the south. It encompasses an area of 128 hectares and its population in 2001 was 24,355. Drinking water and sewerage are the ward's foremost problems.
Click on large map to view it in high quality.
- Population and number of households
- Building structure
- Solid waste
- Number of houses with various basic services
- Areas without basic services
- Educational institutions
- Health institutions
- Institutional buildings
- Financial institutions
- Service and repair centers
- Training centers
- Parking space
- Heritage sites
- Buildings of historic and architectural importance
- Feasts/festivals celebrated
- Pilgrim shelters, rest houses, sacred sites, etc.
- Public grounds
- Open-air market
- NGOs, INGOs, CBOs, clubs, etc.
- Social problems
- Five biggest problems
- Important projects completed
- On-going projects